Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Performance Process & Crit

For my performance, I really did not know what I wanted to do. This was an interesting experience because I never really perform in front of crowds. What I came up with was random, but I wanted it to have meaning behind it and not just do anything. I also wanted to do something that people would not picture me doing.  I thought of many different things such as waking around the square as if it was a tightrope, or looking at the camera as if it was a movie, and eat popcorn. But I think what I chose to do was the right choice. I did not practice really, except for barking like a dog on my hands and knees at my room mate. It scared her a little, which I thought was funny. I just had a vision in my head and went with it. When the class critiqued me they said they liked the way I entered in and flipped my hair. Wearing professional attire was appropriate and the way the clothes fit me, allowed the audience to see my rib cage move when I barked. They mentioned that I really sounded like a dog. They liked that I actually licked water from a bowl and it did not take away from the performance. Also they enjoyed that after I was done acting like a dog, I got up and fixed my hair again as if nothing never happened. Overall this was an experience out of my norm, but it turned out to be successful I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment